Thursday, January 10, 2008

Traffic in LA is amazing


I saw this pic and thought we definitely need these devices in Los Angeles. Maybe they help people's blood pressure go down in traffic.
:-)
This morning was one of those mornings that make me think that our state needs to fund a research project on the science of traffic. Yesterday I pulled out of my driveway at 8:13 and there was no traffic on my street. I drove away and was on the freeway within minutes. Granted, I was off the freeway within minutes as well, as I only use the freeway as a quick way to get to the surface streets I take on my way to work. Today, I pulled out of my driveway at roughly the same time, and proceeded to sit in front of my building in traffic for 3 full stop light cycles until it was finally my turn to turn left. Once I turned left, it was all good and it took me the usual 45 mins to drive 12 miles to work. But during that time spent gazing at my building from the street, I couldn't help but think something is wrong with how our lights are timed or how our streets are designed. Thursday is traditionally a heavier traffic day is LA because a lot of people take fridays off so they all need to work Thursday. But that still doesn't explain that huuuuuge difference in traffic levels on my street from day to day. Just needed to get that off my chest. :-)

No comments: