Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bed Bath and Beyond Class Action Lawsuit



If anyone is looking for proof that America is lawsuit crazy, here is some interesting news. There is a class action lawsuit against Bed, Bath and Beyond that claims that the company misrepresented the thread counts on their sheets. It states that the company listed the number of threads per square inch of fabric instead of the number of yarns. The company denies any wrongdoing and has come to a settlement that gives customers who bought certain sheets from them the right to get full refunds or to get gift cards.
I found out about this through an e-mail that they sent out to their customers. I don't remember ever buying sheets there but even if I did I probably wouldn't go to the trouble of trying to find a receipt for some sheets I bought up to 7 years ago (that's what the lawsuit covers). I am curious to find out who the people wronged by the sheet scandal are. Do they have thread counting microscopes at home? :-)

3 comments:

Liesl said...

I got that email, too! Crazy how people are so sue-happy. And yes, I agree...do these people look at their sheets through microscopes or what?! LOL

Anonymous said...

The point in matter IS: If you don't speak up on small things, this gives them or anyone else the opportunity to false advertise on anything else.

Anonymous said...

It is extremely interesting for me to read this article. Thank you for it. I like such themes and everything connected to them. I definitely want to read a bit more on that blog soon.

Best wishes