Friday, August 14, 2009

Girls Night

Last night I hosted some girls at work at our house for a girls' night. It was so much fun! I cooked a vegetarian lasagna from Giada de Laurentiis' cookbook "Everyday Italian" and it turned out sooo tasty! I had two vegetarians coming to the party so I wanted to make something tasty that everyone could eat. I normally don't try a new recipe when I entertain, but I decided to make Giada's lasagna because it sounded so fantastic. It completely exceeded my expectations and everyone went back for seconds! You know it's good when a group of women go back for seconds. :-) When I was preparing it the night before I started getting nervous that it wasn't going to turn out to be tasty because it was full of ingredients that I wasn't used to having in a lasagna. There are even white beans in the recipe! The combination of the beans with all the veggies, cheese, noodles and sauce made the dish amazing. I would highly recommend it to anyone!
After dinner we had a hilarious time playing Dance Dance Revolution. It is highly entertaining to watch other people play, and it's great exercise too. We have two matts so it made it even more fun to have dueling players. All in all it was a perfect night!

No comments: