Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My First Quilt that isn't a wall hanging :-)


I have been keeping this quilt a secret because I was making it for my brother, Steve (for his birthday), and I didn't want him to know. It was so hard to not blog about the progress but well worth it for the surprise factor. :-) This is my first quilt that is larger than a wall hanging and I'm so excited that it turned out looking like a quilt! My mom helped me a great deal (and Dad too- thanks for the help with taping it to the floor) and my parents were so nice to let me take over their living room with all the quilting debris and accouterments. I learned a lot while making this one and now I'm itching to start another. This one might have to be secret too though... hmm. :-) Also, thanks to my wonderful husband Chad for helping me pick "manly" colors for the quilt, and for putting up with my late night sewing and all the threads scattered throughout the apartment. He supports me so much in my new quilting hobby. :-) (And everything I do for that matter.)

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Your mom and I were just talking last night about how much we both love Chad and how he is the PERFECT guy for you. Yay for supportive husbands! And that quilt looks AMAZING. Hmmm...I wonder if Steve will mind that it will always be on my lap? LOL. Ok, I suppose I will share his birthday present with him. :)

Your new quilting hobby is definitely a keeper...you are a natural! I can't wait to learn from you :)

Happy quilting!!