Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A New Adventure

In a quest to find a new hobby that I can do in the evenings, I decided to embark on some uncharted territory for me and learn to quilt.  eeek! :-)  I'm very excited about the prospect of being able to make functional artistic items for my family and friends, and I hope that I'm able to produce some fun things.  I picked up "Quilting For Dummies" and read that yesterday and today and found it to be very informative.  It describes everything in a simple way that non-sewing people like myself can understand.   The extent of my sewing is two sets of curtains and some shoe bags in Jr High. :-)  After reading that I headed for Joann's to get supplies and fabric. I had picked out a design from the dummies book called "Pastel Nine-Patch Wall Hanging". Doesn't sound so exciting but it's pretty and small enough for my first try at quilting. I've included some pictures of the fabric I picked out after I had washed and ironed it like a good quilter. 

1 comment:

Liesl said...

Oh my goodness, that fabric is SO pretty! I am excited for the quilt updates. You are inspiring me...