Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm a Quilter!

I am so excited because I started and finished my first quilt yesterday!  It is a small quilt- only 21"x21" so it was a good one to start with. It took me about 9 hours to finish the whole thing.  I had a great time sewing it and even enjoyed the hand finishing part of putting the binding on the edges. I did prick my hands about a dozen times during that process though. :-) Here are some pictures of the finished quilt and the walking foot that I used to do the final quilting (stitching all the layers together)

2 comments:

Liesl said...

Oh my gosh, that is SO pretty! You look like a professional quilter already :o) And the walking foot...still hilarious...

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of your quilting. Keep up the great work sweetie. I love you.

Your husband,
Chad