Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Hands Free -Day 1- in Los Angeles

Welcome to "everyone needs a buy a bluetooth to talk on the phone in their car" day. :-) Today is the first day a law goes into effect that requires us to have a hands free device to use our phones in the car. I have no problems with the law at all- the less people are doing while driving the better. But I think it's funny that texting while driving is still allowed. It seems like that would be even more dangerous to do while driving. It will be interesting to see if this new law is enforced and how much of a boost electronics stores will get this week. A lot of people probably already had bluetooth but may not have used it very often. And now that they have to use it, many are discovering the one they had doesn't work that well, or in my case was never really compatible with my particular phone. The one I bought is made by Plantronics and has a little gel insert for your ear so nothing has to hang on the outside of the ear. I highly recommend those because you can hear better and they are much more comfortable.

1 comment:

Shelly Begines said...

I didn't know that LA was also starting the hands free law. Ouch. I am not ready, mostly because my car is not ready. :) You'll have to call me and tell me more about the meat alternative. I'm curious.
Shelly